This policy covers the academic transcript at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Definition of UNMC Official Transcript
An official transcript sent from the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) is the complete student academic record that includes the University seal and stamped signature of the Registrar.
An official UNMC transcript is printed on official transcript paper or is delivered by secure electronic transmission.
Definition of UNMC Unofficial Transcript
An unofficial transcript for students graduating from UNMC prior to the Fall of 2010 is the student academic record printed on white paper and stamped “Issued to Student”.
An unofficial transcript for work for students graduating from UNMC from Fall 2010 forward is printed on white paper with an official water mark.
An unofficial transcript may be obtained within the student information system (MyRecords) to currently enrolled students; these transcripts may or may not be accepted by third party entities.
- Official UNMC transcript requests can only be completed online. We do not accept requests via phone, email, or fax.
- Payment of the Transcript fee must be received before release of any transcript.
- Transcripts will be issued:
- when authorized by the student as described above
- to replace a transcript that was sent, but not received within 4 weeks of processing, contact the Academic Records Office for reissue
- to correct an error discovered on the original transcript
- when authorized by the Registrar
- when a subpoena is presented to the UNMC Registrar
- Registrar will consult with University General Counsel and notify the student.
- Exception to this process: specific federal grand jury or law enforcement request.
- to any third party, upon written request from student.
- Third parties include anyone other than the student.
- to another educational institution to which a student has sought admission.
- through an official website
- if the agency requesting the transcript provides Academic Records directly with a secure log on and password.
- Requests for transcript upload presented by the student will not be accepted.
- Transcripts of the deceased will be released to a family member upon request to the Academic Records Office
- Transcript requests will not be processed if any financial encumbrance is on the student record per BOR Policy 5.3.1 Failure to Pay Financial Obligations. (R.P. 5.3.1)
- Transcripts issued to students will be stamped “Issued to Student” and are not considered “Official.”
- Expedited delivery of a transcript can be requested by selecting this option from the Mailing Method drop-down menu on the transcript ordering page. Shipping and handling fees will be applied to orders involving expedited delivery.
- Transcripts will NOT be faxed.
- Only complete academic records of Transcripts will be issued.
Policy Process Applied: Interim
Responsible Officer: UNMC Registrar
Date Approved by Responsible Officer: 12/20/2021
Date Approved by Education Council Policy Subcommittee: 12/20/2021
Date Approved by Education Council: 1/20/2022
Date Approved by Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs: 2/24/2022
Policy Expiration Date: 2/24/2023
Review Cycle: One Year Interim
References: BOR Policy 5.3.1