This policy applies to all UNMC colleges and institutes.
- All colleges and institutes shall maintain and publish a set of procedures by which a student may formally submit a grievance against a faculty member for an alleged violation of the UNMC Code of Conduct and grievances related to conditions that adversely impact the student’s ability to successfully complete their program of study.
- These procedures shall not supersede any existing UNMC or University of Nebraska policies and procedures.
- These procedures shall include:
- The process by which a student formally files a grievance;
- The process by which alleged grievances are investigated by colleges and institutes to determine if the grievance has merit and the process by which a resolution of the grievance is determined; and,
- The process by which a student or faculty member can appeal a determination of the merit of the grievance and/or any outcomes rendered by the investigation.
Effective Date: 10/1/2016
Revised Date: 11/19/2022
Policy Process Applied: Standard
Policy Review Cycle: Three Year
Responsible University Administrator(s): Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Responsible University Office(s): Office of Academic Affairs
Policy Contact: H. Dele Davies, MD