- UNMC will accept transcripts from US institutions as official when:
- Received as a paper copy in a sealed envelope, marked as official
- Received as an electronic copy from a recognized institution or organization
- Electronic transcripts will be authenticated and stamped as official by the UNMC recipient.
- NOTE: Hand-carried/student-submitted transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNMC.
- International Transcripts:
- If transcripts are not issued in English, certified English translations must also be submitted. The certified English translation can be completed by a translator who provides a signed statement and indicates that the translation is accurate and true to the original.
- Official course-by-course transcript evaluations for credits completed at an international higher education institution must be sent to UNMC directly from a National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member. See academic program admission guidelines for direction on evaluation agencies acceptable to program.
- In exceptional circumstances where the only available transcript is an original in the possession of the applicant, notarized copies may be submitted directly to UNMC.
- Students must arrange for official transcripts to be sent to UNMC from every postsecondary institution (college/university) at which they attempted or completed academic work prior to attending UNMC, regardless of whether or not credit was earned. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the university.
- Grades earned at another institution do not become a part of the student's UNMC cumulative grade point average, unless earned at another University of Nebraska campus:
University of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL), University of Nebraska Kearney (UNK), University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO)
Policy Process Applied: Interim
Responsible Officer: UNMC Registrar
Date Approved by Responsible Officer: 12/20/2021
Date Approved by Education Council Policy Subcommittee: 12/20/2021
Date Approved by Education Council: 1/20/2022
Date Approved by Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs: 2/24/2022
Policy Expiration Date: 2/24/2023
Review Cycle: One Year Interim