Invitation emails are generated after the Phase 3 Scheduling Process Class Meeting (typically held in late November or early December). If your token expires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for re-issuance.
Complete Your Profile
You will need the information below to complete your VSLO application service profile.
- Personal Contact Information
- Full Name
- AAMC ID
- Phone Number
- Email Address (preferred, checked regularly)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Citizenship/Visa (if applicable)
- Core Clerkship Completion Dates (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery)
- Personal Identification Information (only displayed to Host institution if you accept their offer)
- Date of Birth
- Supporting Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- AAMC Immunization Form (maintain a copy for your records)
- Verification by a license healthcare professional or Student Health.
- Student Health of your primary care physician can assist with drug screens, vaccinations, etc.
- If a drug screen is required by a Host institution, you must release a copy of your screen results to email@example.com so that the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs can verify the information in the VSLO application service.
- Read Host Institutions' Overview pages, requirements and application periods vary.
- Many Host institutions have a maximum number of free applications per applicant (E.g., UNMC COM has a maximum of 3).
- Not all Host institutions require letters of recommendation. If required, please have your recommenders email their letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs to upload on your behalf in the VSLO application service. We cannot accept letters of recommendations from the student.
- After uploaded, you are able to assign the letter of recommendations to specific Host institutions.
- After submission of an application to a Host institution you are generally under consideration until an offer is extended or you are denied.
- You should withdraw an away elective application if you accept another away elective offer for the same rotation or if you are no longer interested in the away elective.
- If you need to drop an away elective after acceptance, Host institutions expect at least 31 days notice.
- We ask that you email the Host institution's VSLO program coordinator in addition to processing in the VSLO application service to ensure that the Host institution is aware of the drop.
Away Elective Offer Acceptance
After accepting an away elective offer from a Host institution you must initiate the approval and scheduling process for the UNMC COM.