Print Options

Filing for Graduation

Each student who expects to receive a diploma is required to complete the following steps:

  1. Submit the appropriate form based upon your program (see below) to the COPH Office of Educational Services by the indicated deadline.
    • DrPH, MHA, and MPH Students – Candidacy and Completion of Requirements Form
    • Certificate Students – Completion of Requirements Form
  2. File the degree application and fee by the deadline date through the UNMC Office of Academic Records on the MYRECORDS website.
Expected Graduation Term COPH Forms Deadline Degree Application Deadline
Fall (December) Graduation October 10th October 10th
Spring (May) Graduation February 10th February 10th
Summer (August) Graduation June 10th June 10th


Students intending to graduate are required to complete an application for Degree; this includes a nonrefundable/nontransferable fee that covers the cost of the diploma, diploma cover and posting of the degree.  Conferral of degrees cannot be awarded with the completed Application for Degree. 


Students graduating in May, may only attend the May ceremony, August and December graduates may only attend the December ceremony (see exception below). 

Students who receive an incomplete or an NR in a course during their final semester will be able to walk at commencement as planned. A diploma will not be issued until the completion of all course requirements. All work must be completed and a grade reported before the deadline to apply for the next graduation cycle. Those not completing work by this date will be required to reapply for graduation at a date subsequent to the completion of all work.


All graduating students are required to rent or purchase academic attire for ALL UNMC ceremonies (commencement and convocation). Rental and purchase of attire is coordinated through the Commencement Office in UNMC Student Success. Flowers, sashes, pins, signs or other adornments are not allowed on robes or mortarboards. The only exceptions are professional honor society cords and/or academic honor medallions.

Commencement and Convocation ceremony information can be found at

All other questions can be directed to Barbara Breazeale at 402-559-1946 or