Print Options


All degree (DrPH, MPH, MHA) and certificate seeking students in the COPH will be assigned an academic advisor to create and maintain a plan of study and a department-based faculty mentor to provide guidance in elective course selection, career exploration, research and culminating project development (Capstone, Dissertation).  For DrPH degree students, the faculty mentor also serves as academic advisor.  It is the responsibility of the student to contact the academic advisor concerning the plan of study and academic progression.

Changing Faculty Mentor

If a student wishes to change their faculty mentor, they must first request release from their current mentor in writing via email and receive permission from that mentor. The student must then identify and request permission from the mentor to whom they wish to transfer. Finally, it is the student’s responsibility to inform the Office of Educational Services of any mentor change.