Student Leave Time
This policy applies to all Radiation Therapy (RTT) students.
Students enrolled in the Radiation Therapy program are given 16 hours of leave time for personal affairs each semester. It is intended to provide necessary time for planned or unplanned events without jeopardizing the student’s attendance record. Regarding the use of student leave time, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Unused time allotted is not transferrable to a successive semester.
- Students taking more than the allotted number of hours will be required to make up the time according to the discretion of the program director.
- Unauthorized absenteeism may result in disciplinary actions.
- A student may be required to furnish satisfactory medical proof of illness, disability or dental work.
- It is recommended that suspected and confirmed pregnancy be reported to the program director. Time lost due to pregnancy must be made up according to the decision of the program director based on the Radiation Protection and Pregnancy Policies contained in this document.
- Full time students may request up to 5 days of funeral/bereavement leave in the event of a death of an immediate family member. Documentation may need to be provided upon request.
Provision of earned compensation time is intended to ensure fair, uniform, and impartial treatment for all students. Students may voluntarily choose to spend additional authorized time participating in clinic procedures over and above their scheduled hours as long as the student continues to perform in the student capacity, including direct supervision and holding only student clinical responsibilities.
Personal time for professional meetings: The program supports participation in professional organizations relevant to the student’s professional growth and development. Therefore, students may qualify for time for documented attendance and involvement in these activities. See program director for more information.