Students may be administratively withdrawn from UNMC for non-academic reasons. These reasons include but are not limited to violation of non-academic policies such as failure to pay tuition and fees; UNMC disciplinary procedures; death of the student; or inability to complete a course due to military deployment. Administrative withdrawals must be initiated and approved by the Assistant Vice Chancellor Student Affairs/Chief Student Affairs Officer or a College Dean (or designee).
- A Change of Status form will be completed and signed by the individual initiating the withdrawal. A notation that this is an administrative withdrawal and the reason will be noted on the form.
- The Comments Field will include:
- The reason for the withdrawal
- Whether reinstatement to the program is allowed
- Conditions for reinstatement, if any
- The earliest date of reinstatement
- If the student may not be reinstated, whether the student may reapply to the program and/or may reapply to UNMC in a different program
- The signature of the student will be obtained when possible.
- The withdrawal will be approved and signed by the Chief Student Affairs Officer or the College Dean (or designee) .
- The Change of Status will be entered into the student information system by the UNMC Registrar and a notation of WX will be placed on the student’s transcript.
- The Registrar will notify the PeopleSoft Security Access Specialist, the ID office Coordinator, Data Installation Services, Student Health, the Center for Healthy Living , Financial Aid staff, Student Accounts staff, and student services personnel from the college in which the student was enrolled.