UNMC is committed to complying with mandatory state and federal regulations to maintain the integrity of its teaching, research, patient care and outreach mission. Several regulations contain mandatory training requirements applicable to all individuals in the health care setting, including employees, students and volunteers. Please refer to the UNMC Compliance Program Policy (http://wiki.unmc.edu/index.php/Compliance_Program) for more details. Students may access their compliance training records and print certificates of completion on the student web site https://net.unmc.edu/care under the heading Training.
Employees and students who have compliance-related questions or concerns are encouraged to share them as soon as possible so an appropriate action can be taken. Multiple communication channels are available for employees and students to ask questions and report concerns. While employees and students are encouraged to obtain guidance or share concerns with their supervisors first, they may use any of the following communication channels:
- Discuss the issue with supervisory personnel or a faculty advisor (students).
- Contact the department that has subject matter expertise in the area of concern.
- Contact the Human Resources Department for human resources issues.
- Contact the Compliance Office at 402-559-6767.
- Call the UNMC Compliance Hotline at 1-844-348-9584 or visit www.nebraska.ethicspoint.com.
- Call the Nebraska Ombudsman’s office at 1-800-742-7690.
Please refer to the UNMC Compliance Hotline page (https://wiki.unmc.edu/index.php/Compliance_Hotline)for more information.