University's Right to Change
The University and its various colleges, divisions, and departments reserve the right to change the rules controlling admission to, instruction in, and graduation from the University or its various divisions. Such regulations are operative whenever University authorities deem necessary and apply not only to prospective students, but also to currently enrolled students.
The University also reserves the right to withdraw courses, to reassign instructors and to change tuition and fees at any time. In some cases, prerequisites for courses offered at the University are effective even if they are not listed in this catalog. See the current class schedule or your advisor for more information.
NOTE: Modifications in the academic calendar and program could be necessitated by emergency conditions.
Discontinuance of Program Offerings
Acceptance of registration by the University of Nebraska and admission to any educational program of the University does not constitute a contract or warranty that the University will continue to offer the program in which a student is enrolled. The University expressly reserves the right to change, phase out, or discontinue any program.
The listing of courses contained in any University bulletin, catalog, or schedule is by way of announcement only and shall not be regarded as an offer of contract. The University expressly reserves the right to:
- Add or delete courses from its offerings;
- Change times or locations of courses or programs;
- Change academic calendars without notice;
- Cancel any course for insufficient registrations, or
- Revise or change rules, charges, fees, schedules, courses, requirements for degrees, and any other policy or regulation affecting students, including, but not limited to, evaluation standards, whenever the same is considered to be in the best interests of the University.