Dress Code Policy
This policy applies to all Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) students.
All students will dress in a professional manner, appropriate for the situation and according to the following guidelines.
- All MRI students will wear Bahama Blue scrubs with or without a Bahama Blue lab jacket for both class (online and classroom) and clinic.
- The uniform top will have the UNMC/Nebraska Medicine logo on upper left chest. All uniforms should be purchased online here.
- A solid white or gray shirt may be worn under the scrub top and must be tucked into the scrub pant.
- Pant hemlines should not touch or drag on the ground.
Accessories & Tattoos
- Proper UNMC photo ID and personnel monitoring devices must be worn at all times. The ID must be visible at all times to identify student status.
- Simple jewelry may be worn with the uniform, i.e., small earrings, wedding rings, and watches.
- Earrings must be small and not touching the neck.
- Single and/or discreet piercings of the ears, nose, lip, tongue and eyebrow are permitted.
- Examples of piercings not permissible may include but are not limited to large or multiple loops in the eyebrows, lip or nose, visible transdermal implants, or piercings on other areas of the face.
- Ear gauges must be plugged with flesh-colored plugs while in clinic.
- Bandanas are not permitted.
- All visible tattoos on the face or neck must be covered (except permanent makeup).
- All visible tattoo designs that the average person would find offensive, including but not limited to hateful, violent, profane and/or nudity, must be completely covered.
Students are held responsible for their appearance and will be dismissed from clinic if inappropriately attired or groomed, per discretion of their clinical site. Should a clinical site have different policies, the student must adhere to those during the rotation. If a student is sent home from clinic due to a dress code violation, the amount of time missed from clinic will be deducted from the student comp time allotment.