This policy applies to all Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) students.
The pregnancy policy is voluntary and intended to provide safety for pregnant students and their fetus. In the event of a suspected or confirmed pregnancy, it is the responsibility of the student to advise her program director in writing of her condition. Pregnancy will not affect the student’s enrollment in the academic courses in the program. The student will:
- Provide the program director with written indication of intent to:
- continue in the program, or
- take a medical leave of absence with intent to complete the program (form available from CAHP Academic & Student Affairs), or
- withdraw from the program (form available from CAHP Academic and Student Affairs).
- The student should provide the program director with written documentation from her physician providing medical advice for any limitations placed upon the student while enrolled in the program.
- A student may also voluntarily withdraw their declaration of pregnancy in writing at any time.