ALL electives are pre-arranged with the department coordinators. After completing the paper schedule, students will enter the pre-arranged choices in OASIS (https://oasis.unmc.edu/index.html), the College of Medicine’s online student scheduling system. Coordinators will then approve or deny registration. Elective choices will be denied if they were not pre-arrange before entering the elective in OASIS.
- If you are planning an unstructured month please indicate so by signing up for:
- OASA_900 Unstructured Month in OASIS
- Electives may be taken off-campus (out of Nebraska) with prior departmental approval. The most current information about off-campus electives can be obtained from VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) –
www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/vsas/ or the visiting school’s website.
(Please see off-campus elective procedures).
- Sign-up for the appropriate departmental away rotation in OASIS for any out-of-state rotations you are planning to take. These will not be approved until you have been accepted and completed the necessary Application for Off-Campus Elective through the department.
- It is highly advised to have an advisor look over your desired schedule.
- If you have questions pertaining to scheduling please contact Lisa Paquette (firstname.lastname@example.org, MSC 4044).
- Questions specific to electives should be directed to the department’s coordinator.