Official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree, with a 3.0 or higher grade point average for the last 60 undergraduate or the last 18 graduate/post-baccalaureate credit hours completed.
Foreign Transcripts: Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation.
Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records. If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, official degree statements must also be provided
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years.
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
A one-page personal statement.
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH 1||3|
|CPH 501||HEALTH BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 502||HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 503||PUBLIC HEALTH ENVIRONMENT & SOCIETY||3|
|CPH 504||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HLTH 2||3|
|CPH 505||APPLIED RESEARCH IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 506||BIOSTATISTICS 2,4||3|
|CPH 538||PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM EVALUATION||3|
|CPH 541||INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL MARKETING AND HEALTH COMMUNICATION||3|
|CPH 542||APPLIED SOCIAL MARKETING||3|
|CPH 543||HEALTH LITERACY AND COMMUNICATION FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS||3|
|Consult academic advisor for best electives for your program of study|
|Service Learning/Capstone Experience Courses|
|CPH 528||SERVICE LEARNING FOR MPH||3|
|CPH 529||CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|
CPH 500 must be successfully completed in the first 21 hours of the program of study.
CPH 517 Required for Biostatics concentration students
CPH 506 Required Prerequisites: Undergraduate or graduate statistics course or permission of instructor. While successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate statistics course is not required for admission into the MPH program, students enrolling for CPH 506 must have successfully completed a statistics course within the past 5 years resulting in a grade of B or better or obtain permission of the instructor.
- Macro-level Assessment
- Identify social determinants of health for the purpose of tailoring social marketing and health communication programs to diverse populations.
- Articulate principles of Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR).
- Identify and apply various modes of learning such as written, audio, visual, and kinesthetic in health communication.
- Identify the levels of health literacy and the instruments used to measure functional health literacy levels.
- Program Planning
- Articulate the ethical principles of social marketing, health communication, and CBPR as they apply to public health practice.
- Explain the process to foster collaboration by establishing partnerships with communities, stakeholders, gatekeepers, and members of the identified priority population.
- Demonstrate leadership, advocacy, and community building in the field of social marketing and health communication by utilizing effective health communication strategies.
- Describe how the ecological model influences social marketing and health communication.
- Analyze marketing strategies and identify the best possible option given the resources available.
- Plan Implementation
- Demonstrate awareness of the need for cultural humility in communication methodology.
- Apply appropriate research methodologies to compile evidence that informs decision- making in social marketing and health communication.
- Assess and apply communication delivery channels, such as mass media, social media, and print materials.
- Plan Evaluation
- Evaluate existing social marketing campaigns through examination of process and performance outcomes.
- Create and evaluate a new social marketing campaign.