Official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree, with a 3.0 or higher grade point average for the last 60 undergraduate or the last 18 graduate/post-baccalaureate credit hours completed.
Foreign Transcripts: Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation.
Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records. If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, official degree statements must also be provided
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years.
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
A one-page personal statement.
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH 1||3|
|CPH 501||HEALTH BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 502||HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 503||PUBLIC HEALTH ENVIRONMENT & SOCIETY||3|
|CPH 504||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HLTH 2||3|
|CPH 505||APPLIED RESEARCH IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 506||BIOSTATISTICS 2,4||3|
|CPH 536||HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM PLANNING||3|
|CPH 538||PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM EVALUATION||3|
|CPH 563||STRATEGIC PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 565||HEALTH CARE FINANCE||3|
|Consult academic advisor for best electives for your program of study|
|Service Learning/Capstone Experience Courses|
|CPH 528||SERVICE LEARNING FOR MPH||3|
|CPH 529||CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|
- Program and Intervention Planning
- Demonstrate skills needed to conduct health-related needs assessments in a variety of communities.
- Apply community health and organizational theories, models, principles, and best practices in planning health promotion programs or interventions.
- Identify, incorporate, and analyze contexts and key factors relevant to the implementation of health promotion programs or interventions.
- Evaluation of Programs and Interventions
- Identify and evaluate health-related data and instruments.
- Utilize appropriate qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods.
- Apply evaluation findings to programs and policies.
- Strategic Planning
- Evaluate and document internal and external strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats to identify strategic issues.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans that consider current and potential internal and external issues.
- Demonstrate the skills to lead and facilitate planning activities.
- Demonstrate the skills to implement operational and strategic plans, evaluating performance and adjusting implementation activities and/or plans.
- Health Care Finance
- Prepare operating and capital budgets, considering political, economic, and social contexts; using appropriate financial and statistical tools; and stating assumptions and justifications.
- Demonstrate the skills to implement budgets, evaluating actual performance and taking appropriate actions to enhance performance and/or revise budgets.
- Analyze risk as a basis for financial decision-making and implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrate the application of financial management techniques to enhance performance of public health and health services organizations