Official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree, with a 3.0 or higher grade point average for the last 60 undergraduate or the last 18 graduate/post-baccalaureate credit hours completed.
Foreign Transcripts: Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation.
Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records. If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, official degree statements must also be provided
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years.
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
A one-page personal statement.
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH 1||3|
|CPH 501||HEALTH BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 502||HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 503||PUBLIC HEALTH ENVIRONMENT & SOCIETY||3|
|CPH 504||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HLTH 2||3|
|CPH 505||APPLIED RESEARCH IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 506||BIOSTATISTICS 2,4||3|
|CPH 534||INTERVENTIONS IN HEALTH PROMOTION||3|
|CPH 536||HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM PLANNING||3|
|CPH 538||PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM EVALUATION||3|
|CPH 539||PUBLIC HEALTH: LEADERSHIP & ADVOCACY||3|
|Consult academic advisor for best electives for your program of study|
|Service Learning/Capstone Experience Courses|
|CPH 528||SERVICE LEARNING FOR MPH||3|
|CPH 529||CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|
CPH 500 must be successfully completed in the first 21 hours of the program of study.
CPH 517 Required for Biostatics concentration students
CPH 506 Required Prerequisites: Undergraduate or graduate statistics course or permission of instructor. While successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate statistics course is not required for admission into the MPH program, students enrolling for CPH 506 must have successfully completed a statistics course within the past 5 years resulting in a grade of B or better or obtain permission of the instructor.
- Program and Intervention Planning
- Demonstrate skills needed to conduct health-related needs assessments in a variety of communities.
- Apply community health and organizational theories, models, principles, and best practices in planning health promotion programs or interventions.
- Identify, incorporate, and analyze contexts and key factors relevant to the implementation of health promotion programs or interventions.
- Evaluation of Programs and Interventions
- Identify and evaluate health-related data and instruments.
- Utilize appropriate qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods.
- Apply evaluation findings to programs and policies.
- Community Engagement
- Demonstrate skills needed to coordinate and facilitate community groups, coalitions, and partnerships.
- Management and Leadership
- Demonstrate abilities in the administration and management of community health programs.
- Demonstrate the skills to advance a systems approach to community health through professional leadership and practice.