Official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree, with a 3.0 or higher grade point average for the last 60 undergraduate or the last 18 graduate/post-baccalaureate credit hours completed.
Foreign Transcripts: Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation.
Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records. If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, official degree statements must also be provided
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years.
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
A one-page personal statement.
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH 1||3|
|CPH 501||HEALTH BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 502||HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 503||PUBLIC HEALTH ENVIRONMENT & SOCIETY||3|
|CPH 504||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HLTH 2||3|
|CPH 505||APPLIED RESEARCH IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 506||BIOSTATISTICS 2,4||3|
|CPH 566||HEALTH POLICY||3|
|CPH 564||HEALTH ECONOMICS||3|
|CPH 555||PUBLIC HEALTH LAW||3|
|CPH 567||HEALTH POLICY ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION||3|
|Consult academic advisor for best electives for your program of study|
|Service Learning/Capstone Experience Courses|
|CPH 528||SERVICE LEARNING FOR MPH||3|
|CPH 529||CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|
CPH 500 must be successfully completed in the first 21 hours of the program of study.
CPH 517 Required for Biostatics concentration students
CPH 506 Required Prerequisites: Undergraduate or graduate statistics course or permission of instructor. While successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate statistics course is not required for admission into the MPH program, students enrolling for CPH 506 must have successfully completed a statistics course within the past 5 years resulting in a grade of B or better or obtain permission of the instructor.
- Formulation and Implementation
- Demonstrate knowledge of public health policy formulation and implementation strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize information about health policy problems and issues.
- Develop alternative policy options for specific public health issues and assess their economic, political, legal, and social implications.
- Analysis and Evaluation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of public health policy using formal methods of policy analysis and program evaluation.
- Comparatively analyze and interpret legislation, administrative regulations, judicial opinions, and agency rulings.
- Apply economic principles and theories to analyze the delivery of health care services, public health, and health policy issues.