Official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree, with a 3.0 or higher grade point average for the last 60 undergraduate or the last 18 graduate/post-baccalaureate credit hours completed.
Foreign Transcripts: Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation.
Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records. If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, official degree statements must also be provided
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years.
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
A one-page personal statement.
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH 1||3|
|CPH 501||HEALTH BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 502||HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 503||PUBLIC HEALTH ENVIRONMENT & SOCIETY||3|
|CPH 504||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HLTH 2||3|
|CPH 505||APPLIED RESEARCH IN PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 506||BIOSTATISTICS 2,4||3|
|CPH 565||HEALTH CARE FINANCE||3|
|CPH 562||HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN HEALTH ORGANIZATIONS||3|
|CPH 566||HEALTH POLICY||3|
|CPH 580||HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY AND BEHAVIOR||3|
|To meet elective requirements, select 6 credits from the following:||6|
|STRATEGIC PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT PUBLIC HEALTH|
|U.S. HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS: AN OVERVIEW|
|PUBLIC HEALTH LAW|
|Service Learning/Capstone Experience Courses|
|CPH 528||SERVICE LEARNING FOR MPH||3|
|CPH 529||CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|
CPH 500 must be successfully completed in the first 21 hours of the program of study.
CPH 517 Required for Biostatics concentration students
CPH 506 Required Prerequisites: Undergraduate or graduate statistics course or permission of instructor. While successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate statistics course is not required for admission into the MPH program, students enrolling for CPH 506 must have successfully completed a statistics course within the past 5 years resulting in a grade of B or better or obtain permission of the instructor.
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Describe fundamental concepts and information about organizational and behavioral theories in health care.
- Demonstrate the skills to resolve organizational problems through a systems approach.
- Demonstrate the skills to analyze organizational issues from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Health Care Finance
- Prepare operating and capital budgets, considering political, economic, and social contexts; using appropriate financial and statistical tools; and stating assumptions and justifications.
- Demonstrate the skills to implement budgets, evaluating actual performance and taking appropriate actions to enhance performance and/or revise budgets.
- Analyze risk as a basis for financial decision-making and implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrate the application of financial management techniques to enhance performance of public health and health services organizations.
- Strategic Planning
- Evaluate and document internal and external strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats to identify strategic issues.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans that consider current and potential internal and external issues.
- Demonstrate the skills to lead and facilitate planning activities.
- Demonstrate the skills to implement operational and strategic plans, evaluating performance and adjusting implementation activities and/or plans.
- Human Resources Management
- Describe various theories, principles, best practices, and challenges of human resources management in health care organizations.
- Explain the effects of human factors and demographics in managing others.
- Identify the legal, political, social, and economic issues that impact human resources management.