All applicants to the dual degree programs must apply and be accepted into each program separately. Applicants are evaluated by each degree program in separate admissions processes. The College of Public Health application requirements include the following:
- Completion of the SOPHAS Express Public Health application and submission of the application fee.
- Official transcripts reflecting a GPA of 3.5 or higher grade, sophomore standing and at least 48 hours of completed course work in their undergraduate degree program at the University of Nebraska Omaha.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references (letters must be on professional/institutional letterhead and signed).
- A one page personal statement describing the applicant’s:
- Interest in and potential for contributing to the field of public health
- Career objectives
- Self-assessment of computer, quantitative analysis, and personal skills and general preparation for succeeding in a public health graduate program
- A resume or CV
- A one page personal statement describing the applicant's interest in and potential for contributing to the field of public health and career objectives
*Concentration in Biostatistics
BSIT/MPH students will enroll in their undergraduate years in the traditional sequence. In the third year of study the BSIT/MPH students will complete 6 credit hours of MPH coursework along with their undergraduate courses. In their 4th year of study students will complete fifteen credit hours of MPH courses. The fifth academic year of study will be focused on the completion of 18 credit hours of didactic coursework and six credit hours of Service Learning/Capstone Experience.