All applicants to the dual degree programs must apply and be accepted into each program separately. Applicants are evaluated by each degree program in separate admissions processes. The College of Public Health application requirements include the following:
MPH Program Requirements for Admission:
- Completion of the SOPHAS Express Public Health application and submission of the application fee.
- Official transcripts with a 3.2 or higher grade point average for a minimum of 45 undergraduate hours completed at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. Transcripts must demonstrate sophomore standing and at least 45 hours of completed course work in their undergraduate degree program may apply for admission to the Collaborative BSES and MPH in EOH.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references (letters must be on professional/institutional letterhead and signed).
- A resume or CV
- The personal statement should reflect interest in the Environmental and Occupational Health Concentration, including relevant work-related or educational training background information.
- EOH Concentration Prerequisites:
- Successful completion of at least two semesters of biology, two semesters of chemistry, one semester of physics, and a math course that meets college math requirements. Students may apply for admission prior to completion of a physics course. All other prerequisites must be met prior to applying.
*Concentration in Environmental and Occupational Health
A minimum of 120 credit hours required for BSES degree (Bachelor of Science in Environmental studies)
A minimum of 45 graduate credit hours required for MPH degree (Master of Public Health)
A maximum of 18 graduate credit hours from the MPH degree program will be applied towards the BSES degree.