All applicants to the dual degree programs must apply and be accepted into each program separately. Applicants are evaluated by each degree program in separate admissions processes. The College of Public Health application requirements include the following:
- Completion of the SOPHAS Express Public Health application and submission of the application fee.
- Official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree, with a 3.0 or higher grade point average for the last 60 undergraduate or the last 18 graduate/post-baccalaureate credit hours completed.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last three years
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references (letters must be on professional/institutional letterhead and signed).
- A one page personal statement describing the applicant’s:
- Interest in and potential for contributing to the field of public health
- Career objectives
- Self-assessment of computer, quantitative analysis, and personal skills and general preparation for succeeding in a public health graduate program
- A resume reflecting one or more years of work/volunteer history related to health and/or human services.
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
*Concentration in Public Health Administration and Policy
|SOWK 8820 Clinical Social Work wiht Individuals (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8230 Clinical Social Work with Groups (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8270 Social Work Practice with Sexual Concerns (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8290 Social Work Practice in Health/Mental Concerns (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8686 Medical and Psychosocial Aspects of Alcohol/Drug Use and Addiction (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8940 Evaluation of Social Programs (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8190 Research and Computer Applications (UNO)||3|
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 501||HEALTH BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 502||HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 503||PUBLIC HEALTH ENVIRONMENT & SOCIETY||3|
|CPH 504||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HLTH||3|
|SOWK 8510 Supervision & Personnel Administration (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8540 Social Welfare Planning (UNO)||3|
|CPH 580||HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY AND BEHAVIOR||3|
|CPH 565||HEALTH CARE FINANCE||3|
|Service Learning/Capstone Experience|
|SOWK 8400 Advanced Practicum I (UNO)||3|
|SOWK 8410 Advanced Practicum II (UNO)||3|
|Total Credit Hours||57|