The DrPH in Public Health Practice is a 54-57 credit hour online professional doctoral degree program designed for public health practitioners with three or more years of experience. All DrPH students will attain competence in the areas of data analysis; leadership, management and governance; policy and programs; and education and workforce development. In addition, students will receive additional training in a concentration area. DrPH students will engage in advanced level applied practice experiences collaborating with public health practitioners to develop leadership competencies and contribute to the public health field. DrPH students also complete a practice-based dissertation consistent with advanced practice in order to influence programs, policies or systems addressing public health.
DrPH Program Prerequisite:
MPH or MSPH from a CEPH accredited institution. Additional foundational coursework will be required for individuals who do not meet this requirement.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant public health practice. See concentration prerequisites below for additional detail.
Epidemiology Concentration Prerequisites:
A minimum of 3 years of relevant public health practice experience with emphasis on epidemiology. Examples of such experience include but not limited to:
· Designing, implementing, and evaluating a public health surveillance system
· Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating public health data
· Analyzing health trends and patterns in a population to assist in the development of interventions or needs assessments
· Creating data visualizations and reports based on analysis results
· Conducting data automation and linkages between systems
· Responding to and advising on public health data requests, including data sharing and research agreements
· Conducting outbreak investigations
· Designing and preparing surveillance and field investigation protocols, survey instruments, and surveillance forms
· Responding to public inquiries on epidemiologic issues
Official Transcripts Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to academic, practice and/or research abilities.
The personal statement should be no more than 1500 words in length and answer the following questions:
· Why are you interested in pursuing a DrPH degree?
· What are your specific areas of interest related to the concentration area you are applying?
· How has your public health practice experience prepared you for the DrPH concentration to which you are applying?
· How will obtaining a DrPH in the selected concentration area will help you meet your career objectives?
· What are your personal skills and general preparation that will help you succeed in this DrPH program?
Resume or CV
An updated resume/CV that includes:
· Employment history
· Relevant public health practice experience.
· Volunteer/service experience
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
|CPH 500||FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH||3|
|CPH 545||INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH DISPARITIES AND HEALTH EQUITY||3|
|HPRO 916||IMPLEMENTATION SCIENCE MODELS AND METHODS||3|
|CPH 563||STRATEGIC PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC HEALTH ADMINISTRATION||3|
|CPH 718||LEADERSHIP THEORY AND PRACTICE||3|
|CPH 705||PUBLIC HEALTH TEACHING AND TRAINING||3|
|CPH 628||EPIDEMIOLOGIC METHODS||3|
|CPH 621||APPLIED EPIDEMIOLOGY||3|
|CPH 746||EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE||3|
|CPH 757||SURVEY RESEARCH METHODS||3|
|CPH 626||HEALTH INFORMATION AND SURVEILLANCE FOR PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE||3|
|CPH 798||DRPH PRACTICUM||1-6|
|CPH 799||DRPH INTEGRATIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE||1-6|