|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Undergraduate Scholarship Awards Policy||Subsection: 5.2.14|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: March 1997|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation and Scholarship/Grant Committee
Revised: April 2006
Revised: March 2008
Revised: April 2008
Revised: February 2009
Revised: April 2011
Reviewed: October 2012
The Faculty of the College of Nursing develops criteria for awarding scholarships annually when considering candidates for the University of Nebraska Foundation Scholarships and the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing Scholarships.
Scholarships are based on: (1) academic excellence; (2) need; or (3) academic excellence and need.
Scholarship Awards Criterion:
- In determining academic excellence for Semesters 1 and 2 (Year 1) nursing students, the nursing scholarship grade point average is computed on grades earned from their pre-requisite courses. For Semesters 3 and 4 (Year 2) nursing students, their nursing scholarship grade point average is calculated from grades earned in their pre-requisite courses and in their Semester 1 courses.
- Scholarship funds may be awarded on the basis of federally determined financial need.
- Scholarship funds with special requirement criteria will be awarded in accordance with the donor’s wishes/objectives. For some types of scholarship awards, residency status may be considered or required.
- Scholarship funds are awarded to students who meet the requirements for full-time enrollment, unless the full-time requirement is waived by the committee.
- Scholarship funds are reviewed and awarded by the Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation, and Scholarship/Grant Committee annually prior to the fall semester/trimester for the Traditional/Accelerated BSN Programs. A proportion of the funds from the preceding year are saved to accommodate the scholarship funds awarded to qualified students of the Accelerated BSN Program for the summer trimester.
- College of Nursing contractual agreements regarding scholarship awards are honored prior to awarding all other scholarships.
- Student will be informed in writing of:
- the criteria used to select them as the recipient of the scholarship award.
- the length of term of the scholarship award.
- the name and address of the donor or designee.