|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Access to Student Emergency Assistance/Educational/Development Funds||Subsection: 5.1.12|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: April 2002|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
|Revised: February 2008
Revised: April 2016
The generosity of donors provides limited funds designated for student emergencies. Criteria and process for access to such funds are provided below.
Criteria for “Student Emergency Assistance Need”
- Severe emergency circumstances and severe potential consequences.
- Problem appears short term and not an on-going issue.
- All potential sources of funding are exhausted and limited social support.
- Student is in good standing in the College.
Request and Approval Process
As the need is made known to a faculty, associate/assistant dean or Student Services personnel, the student will be advised to submit to Student Services a request including:
- full name
- home mailing address
- purpose of the assistance
- amount requested
- original student signature
The written request will be submitted to the Division Assistant Dean or Associate Dean for Academic Programs (first level approvers) who will review the request against the above criteria and provide a recommendation to the Office of the Dean/Director of Administration and Operations. The recommendation will include the amount and any conditions of the award.
The Office of the Dean will:
- notify the student and the first level approver of the decision
- process a request for funds from the Foundation
- mail the check (to the student’s home mailing address)
- file the request
- prepare annual reports of types of assistance provided to be used with donors