|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Student Responsibility to Provide Information Policy||Subsection: 5.1.3|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: June 1970|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee
PhD Affairs Council
Professional Graduate Nursing Affairs Committee
Final Approving Agency:
General Faculty Organization
Revised: January 1998
Revised: September 2017
5.2.1 Technical Standards for Undergraduate Program Policy
5.3.1 Technical Standards for Professional Graduate Nursing Program
5.4.5 Technical Standards for PhD in Nursing Program
The student has the responsibility to inform Student Services for the College of Nursing in a timely manner regarding a change in status.
- The student must notify within 48 hours of a change in name, address, phone number and residency status in the Student Information System.
- The student must provide information within 24 hours prior to a clinical activity on any change in physical or cognitive ability which may interfere with safe patient care. If changes occur, the technical standards form may need to be updated. Special accommodations may be requested as per policies 5.2.1, 5.3.1 and 5.4.5.
- The student must report any action taken against a health care license within 24 hours.
- The student must sign a disclosure form yearly. The student must report any new convictions other than minor traffic violations (i.e. speeding, parking). The student must also report if he/she has been a defendant in a civil suit.
- Failure to report or falsifying information will be grounds for disciplinary action or dismissal.
- All reports and documentation of concern should be submitted by Student Services to the appropriate program director, the division assistant dean, and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.